Monday, April 19, 2010

18 month check up

Caroline had an appointment with Dr. Thomas this morning. It's really hard to believe that she is already 18 months old. I know everyone always says they grow up fast, but dang they really do grow up fast. She weighs 24 lbs 9.5 oz, this puts her in the 50% for her height. She is 33 inches tall which puts her in the 90% for her height. Dr. Thomas said she is gonna be tall and skinny, bet her daddy won't be happy to hear that:) I also mentioned to Dr. Thomas about her falling so much and running in to things. He put her down and had her walk to me and of course she walks right into the side of the exam table. He wants her to have her eyes checked to make sure that her vision is ok since many people on my side of the family and Chad's family wear glasses and have had to wear them starting at an early age. I really hope it's not her vision because I have no idea how you keep glasses on an 18 month old. She likes wearing sunglasses and some other play glasses but I'm not sure she would be thrilled to have to wear them all day. If her vision is fine then we will have a consult with a physical therapist to make sure that it's nothing with her equalibrium. He told me that if both of those things turn out fine then we know it's all caused because she is a blonde! Dr. Thomas is too funny sometimes. Otherwise everything else with her is fine. She had to get a lead test today and 2 immunizations which she was unhappy about but got over quickly and was asleep before we ever even got out of the parking lot. Anthony kept asking me "Is Caroline ok, I don't want Caroline to hurt." He doesn't like to see his sister in pain unless it's him that's doing it!



Anthony stayed with Nanny and Papa this weekend. He woke up at 5:30 on Saturday morning and insisted that I take him to Nanny and Papa's. So I had to wake them up and drop him off on my way to work. He refused to come home Sat. night because he had to "swim in the hot pool". Mom said that he was so sweet on Saturday and just kept telling his Nanny and Papa "I just love you youngins!" He is just too cute. Chad had to chase him around the yard on Sunday when he went to pick him up because he didn't want to come home then either.
He was also playing with Alyssa on Saturday and they were taking turns hiding toys. Anthony hid a toy in his Nanny's pocket and as soon as Alyssa opened her eyes to start looking for the toy Anthony said "It's in Nanny's pocket. But make sure you look real hard". That child cannot keep a secret which is not a bad thing but he is all the time telling on himself.

No comments: