Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Long Overdo Update

Wow, I didn't realize just how long it's been since I updated the blog. So much has happened this summer that I don't even know where to start. We have spent the majority of the summer at Lake Keowee, it's been super hot and the kids love going to the lake. Anthony has learned to ride the water sled, ski, and tube like a 16 year old boy! He has no fear of anything and the faster and rougher you are the happier he is. Caroline, on the other hand, won't even try the water sled. We have gotten her on the tube one time and she had a good time but she didn't stay on for long. She won't jump of the dock because she hates to go under water and she doesn't like to get her hair wet. She is such a girl in all ways (except when her brother is messing with her, then she beats up on him!) Both of the kids ask me everyday when it will be time to go back to the lake.
Anthony also graduated from WEE school this year, which means he starts Kindergarten next week and Caroline will start her first year of WEE school. I am not sure that I'm ready for both of them to be gone because I'm so used to having them with me all the time but I know when I adjust to it I will enjoy some alone time. Anthony is finally starting to get excited about his "big school". Mom and Dad took him to the playground at his school and let him play and since then he has been ready. I took Caroline to open house at WEE school and she is finally excited also. Hopefully next week they will still be this excited becuase it sure will make it easier on me!
We also had a week long vacation with my family and it was wonderful. I still have tons of fun on family vacations! Can't wait until we can do it again. It was a week long of riding the boat, tubing, and just laying on the beach at the lake.
Anthony learned to ride his bike without training wheels. Mom and dad took him to the baseball fields and he learned in no time! So proud of him and he was super proud of himself. We haven't been back to the bike trail for him to ride for a while because it is just to darn hot but when we were at the lake with my parents he got to ride at the campground. He had just learned to ride and at the campground he was already trying to jump the speed bumps! See, no fear!
I'm sure there are plenty of things that I'm forgetting but that's all for now!
Caroline got her fingernails "professionally" painted for the first time this summer and she LOVED it!
Lacey, Mark, Chad, Anthony, and Colton went to TN and the Dixie Stampede for Colton's birthday. The kids and adults all had a great time and Anthony can't wait to go back.
Anthony riding his bike
Caroline napping on the boat
Just hangin' out on the boat

Anthony on the water sled
Caroline "taking care" of her baby
Caroline's first s'more ever! She liked it but loved eating the Hershey bars better.
Watching Anthony ski
July 4th we decided to stay home and do our own fireworks. Caroline had never seen them before and loved them. Both kids thought they were great and we had a wonderful time.

Playing in a HUGE puddle at the bike trail. Mom and Dad let them play in it forever and they talked about how much fun they had for days after!
Play date at Melanie's house. Super hard to get 6 kids looking at the camera all at one time!

Anthony's new 4-wheeler helmet

Riding his tube
Skiing
Anthony's graduation

No comments: