Monday, February 8, 2010

one of those days

Friday was "one of those days" at our house. You know, a day where you just want to give your kids away. I think that we have all been stuck in the house for a little too long due to all the nasty weather that we have had lately. I felt like a terrible mother because I let Anthony watch too much TV but it was the only thing that would keep him happy and quiet. I just couldn't take him running through the house as fast as he could with his shopping cart and knocking Caroline over. Caroline has figured out how to climb on the couches so it is a constant battle of trying to keep her off the couch or off of the fireplace. No matter how many times you tell her no, she just keeps climbing. So to say the least Friday was not the best day we have ever had but we survived then I had a girls night with several girls from work. Come to find out, it wasn't just my kids that had been terrible that day. I think everyone's kids just need to get out of the house for a while. Anyway, we had a great time at dinner and bowling. I think it is just what we all needed and I can't wait to do it again.
I had to work on Saturday and the kids went to stay with mom. Sunday was Charlie's birthday so Anthony made Charlie a cake for her birthday and since he hadn't made me a cake yet he also made one for me (with the help of Nanny of course). He is so proud of the cakes he made. But earlier that morning he was watching TV and saw an infomercial about the cake pans that make the cake into a big cupcake. Well he told Nanny and Papa that he just had to have that cake pan because it would make the best birthday cake in the whole world. So Papa had to go all over town looking for the cake pan and finally found one at Walgreens. Then Anthony and Nanny baked the cake and Nanny put the icing on the cake and Anthony did all the decorating. There was a few fingerprints in my cake icing where he thought Nanny had gotten too much icing and he just had to eat it off to make it better. LOL. I'm sure he had a nice sugar high! Anyway, when Charlie came to pick up her cake Anthony told her "Cha Cha I made you the best birthday cake ever. I'm the best birthday cake maker in the whole world." He was so proud of the cakes he made and had a great time doing it. By the end of the day when Chad went to pick up the kids Mom said she was exhausted and just needed to have a nap. But Anthony had the best time and still talks about him making the best birthday cake ever. Here is a picture of the cake Anthony made me. I think it is the best birthday cake I have ever had!


Doesn't he just look so proud of himself?!



No comments: