Monday, October 25, 2010

EB awareness week!

October 25th-31st is EB awareness week. EB stands for epidermolysis bullosa which is a rare skin disorder that causes severe blistering of the skin and even internal organs. I have followed several blogs about kids with EB and will be running a 5k on Saturday for EB. You can follow Jonah and Tripp by clicking on the buttons on the side of my blog. These precious little boys will touch your heart with their beautiful eyes and smiles even while they are in pain. Bella died on October 11th after her battle with EB. As of now there is no cure for EB and these kids live a life of pain and suffering and many of them do not live long due to infection, malnutrition, dehydration, and electrolyte imbalance. Please consider making a donation to www.debra.org to help find a cure for this horrible disease. I am also collecting donations that will go to DebRA so if you want to contribute please email me or leave me a comment. We also made wonderful shirts and if anyone is interested in buying one to wear to spread the word on EB then please let me know. I will post of picture of the shirts tomorrow since it's 10:30pm and I don't feel like going to take pictures right now!

No comments: