Tuesday, October 5, 2010

catching up

Yesterday at nap time I guess Caroline didn't want to go to sleep. I layed her down in her crib and was walking to the door when she stood up and threw herself out of the crib. She did a flip and landed on the floor because I couldn't get to her quick enough. So I decided today that she needed to be moved to her "big girl bed". I converted her crib in to a toddler bed and here she is, her first nap in her new bed. She was none too happy about it at first. I closed her gate at her door and she kept opening the door yelling "Mommy, it lock". But she did finally lay down and is right now sleeping away! Let's hope bedtime goes as well.

Lacey and I ran in a 5k on Oct. 2 for Alzheimers. Lacey came in 3rd overall for girls and 11th overall. I came in 1st in my age group and 20th overall. We decided that we should take a picture because it will be the only time we ever get a medal for running!!! It was frigid that morning and neither one of us had bought pants to wear running so we froze to death in our shorts, I totally went and bought pants and shirts after the race.
Since I had to work after the race and for the rest of the weekend Kim took the kids to Farm Day. They had a blast and did lots of fun things. Anthony apparently talked to a fireman because he walks around the house saying "Stop, Drop, Roll if your clothes are on fire. Ok Caroline let's practice cause you never know when you will catch on fire!" So he puts Caroline down on the floor and rolls her through the house, she thinks it's funny for the most part.
Here is Caroline playing in a box full of corn kernels. Anthony decided he didn't want to do that.

Coloring pumpkins.
We went to the fair when it was in town. Anthony loved all the rides and would have stayed all night riding if we would let him. Caroline didn't like the rides as much.
Here they are on their first ride. Caroline looked so excited and happy but as soon as the ride started she decided she hated it. After one lap around she started crying and yelling to the top of her lungs "I'm done Mommy, I'm done" and reaching for me. We tried one more ride with her and she did the same thing so the only other thing she rode was the merry go round because I could ride with her. She loved that and kept saying "Yeehaw Yeehaw, giddyup". I think she just liked it because I rode with her.

Anthony loved all the rides.

After we tried the rides and Caroline didn't like them I took her to jump while Anthony finished riding. This she absolutely loved and when it was time for her to get off she looked at the man and pointed her finger and said "No touch aroline (Caroline)".

Anthony started preschool again for the year in Sept. He for the most part loves it and wants to go everyday. Every now and then he will cry because he wants to stay at home but after he gets there he is fine and has a great time. Here is a picture of him on his first day of school. He was up and ready to leave at 7:30.









No comments: